2/25/10

An Oldie but Goodie

Some ten plus years ago a good friend of mine who worked for the Free Library of Philadelphia told me there was a competition to create a logo for the Pennsylvania Public Libraries. Because it was for the millennium year it was special and rarely does an artist have complete freedom on a project. I simply decided to show the children who read and was amazed when my idea was chosen. They liked the iconic quality and strength of the art and used it for their website, button pins, posters, tee shirts, canvas bags, cups and a full size banner for the front of the center city branch and lots of other things. Pictured here is the requisite bookmark. The other side is a ruler because the program blended math and reading. This was one of my early Adobe Illustrator creations.

1 comment:

  1. What's not to LOVE!! Its wonderful.
    And it gives me enormous courage.
    I love the simplicity and yet its way cool and
    charmingly sophisticated.
    You are SO good!

    ReplyDelete