2/4/10

Hummm! Computer generated vs Hand drawn...

Be my valentine had no computer assist. This was from my Atlantic Monthly stipple period when I did a lot of drawings with a Rapidiograph pen. Actually I was thinking the other day that I'd like to do some more. They had an airy ethereal quality without the outline and just the dots. They weren't funny like this one; they tended to be a little spooky and serious, discussing political issues and books. There are some things you want to do on the computer and some things you don't. It's just another tool. Before I got computer happy I remember being at some media expo where an artist was demonstrating his work in Adobe Illustrator on the Mac. But he only developed his sketches electronically because of the wonderful editing facility and then he did the finish by hand. I was very disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment